I’ve encountered this virus/malware the other day and while it was fairly easy to remove, I thought it would be useful to provide instructions on how to remove jargon.vbs. A quick search on GOOG turned out several useless results (okay, a lot of useless results) so I thought of doing my part to help.
Here’s how you can remove JARGON.VBS from your computer and your infected flash drives.
- Download: Flash Disinfector | Mirror
- Run the Flash_Disinfector.exe. Explorer will close (your desktop will disappear leaving you with windows of currently running programs) and restart. This will have stopped the script.
- Now you’ll have to delete the malware files so your system won’t get infected again, to do this you need to display hidden files.
- Open My Computer.
- Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
- Select the View Tab.
- Under the Hidden files and folders heading unselect Do not show hidden files and folders.
- Browse your flash drive (DON’T CLICK AUTOPLAY or you’ll run the malware again) and remove the following files:
autorun.inf jargon.vbs wscript.exe
Repeat this step for all infected drives.
- Go to C:/Windows and delete