NVIDIA GeForce 197.13 Drivers Fix Fan Speed Issues
Published on March 17th, 2010 | by sylv3rblade0
After confirming the problems GeForce 196.75 Drivers had with fan speeds, Nvidia releases GeForce 197.13 for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300-series and ION desktop GPUs, but not for the new GTX400 series.
Aside from fixing the fan speed/overheating bug, there’s also quite a few additions bundled in.
- Adds support for Next Generation ION.
- Adds support for GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 330, and GeForce GT 340.
- Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.
- Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 18.104.22.168 (for supported GPUs).
- Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
- Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
- Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
- Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
- Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
- Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
- Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology
- Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.
- Enhanced SLI support for Metro 2033, Supreme Commander 2, Unigine, and World of Warcraft
- Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.
- Includes numerous bug fixes.
Download: GeForce 197.13 Drivers