Nikon unveils D3100 with 1080p video and 14.2MP
Published on August 22nd, 2010 | by sylv3rblade0
Nikon has introduced the D3000 replacement, the Nikon D3100. This entry level SLR sports 14.2 MegaPixels, 1080 video recording as well as auto-focus during video mode! Sure it only does 24fps during 1080 recording but on the flipside, the D3100 has face detection and subject tracking.
- DX-format, 14.2 megapixel CMOS image sensor: The high pixel sensor will give you outstanding colour and detail in pictures and movies you’ll want to see again and again
- New EXPEED 2 image processing engine: Provides enhanced movie recording, high-sensitivity performance and maximum image quality. EXPEED 2 maximises CMOS sensor performance for clear, lifelike images that exhibit vivid colours, reduced noise and smooth tonal gradations for outstanding photos and movies
- High ISO (100-3200) sensitivity: Extendable up to 12800: Indoor shots or fast-moving children need never be blurry or dull again, even without a flash
- Guide Mode: Simply the easiest way to learn how to get great pictures, without having to read the manual
- D-Movie – full HD (1920 x 1080) at 24fps movie clips: Record beautiful HD movie clips with sound and achieve exceptional image quality with high ISO sensitivity. NIKKOR lenses can be used for cinematic effects and simple edits can be made in-camera. In addition, HDMI connectivity means you can watch your HD movies on an HD television
- Live View with new AF-F mode and Scene Auto Selector: The new Live View provides an intuitive and familiar way of taking pictures and it includes a Scene Auto Selector, which automatically selects the best mode to match the scene. The AF-F mode keeps subjects in focus without the need to press the shutter release button
- 7.5 cm (3-inch) monitor: A great platform on which to share your beautiful images and movies with friends and family
- 11-point autofocus system: The quick and accurate autofocus ensures everything is in focus so you get the sharpest image
- Active D-Lighting: Bright sunshine need never wash out detail again. The balance of light and shade can be preserved forever
- Picture control: Lets you set the look and mood of your images before you shoot. You can choose from six settings: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Monochrome, Portrait and Landscape
- In-camera image and movie editing: Why wait for a PC? Retouching, filter effects and red-eye correction can be achieved in the palm of your hand
- Compact, light and durable: It’s the smallest and lightest Nikon D-SLR yet so you can sling it over your shoulder, ready for any picture or movie moment. Also, with improved ergonomics, you’ll now have direct access to shutter release, Live View and movie modes.
- Dual Integrated Dust Reduction System: Image Sensor Cleaning and Airflow Control systems keep dust away from the camera’s image sensor for clear, spot-free images
The D3100 will be available starting this September and will be available for just $700 for the kit. The Nikon D3100 will come with a AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR.