Firefox 7.0 now available
Published on September 28th, 2011 | by sylv3rblade0
The Mozilla team has released the final version of Firefox 7.
- Drastically improved memory handling for certain use cases
- Added a new rendering backend to speed up Canvas operations on Windows systems
- Bookmark and password changes now sync almost instantly when using Firefox Sync
- The ‘http://’ URL prefix is now hidden by default
- Added support for text-overflow: ellipsis
- Added support for the Web Timing specification
- Enhanced support for MathML
- The WebSocket protocol has been updated from version 7 to version 8
- Added an opt-in system for users to send performance data back to Mozilla to improve future versions of Firefox
- Fixed several stability and security issues
- Please see the complete list of changes in this version. Web and extension developers should also view the curated list of platform changes.
If you already have Firefox installed, simply run the Firefox Updater script to download the latest version. Alternatively, you can download the latest version for your operating system using the links below: