Sony Philippines has officially launched it’s vlogging and video-centric digital camera, the Sony ZV-1.
Much like it RX100 series of cameras, the ZV-1 is a fixed lens camera but this new line is more focused on videos that just being a compact camera for taking photos.
The Sony ZV-1 is equipped with a 20MP stacked sensor – the same sensor on the latest RX100, the RX100 VII — and is equipped with a 9.4 to 25.7mm (24-70mm equivalent) zoom lens. The biggest difference with the RX100 line is the flip screen, allowing for more flexibility with taking videos and of course vlogs.
Sony ZV-1 Specifications
- Camera type: Compact
- Announced: 26th May 2020
- Sensor: 20.1Mp 1-inch type (13.2mm x 8.8mm) Exmor RS CMOS
- Lens: Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 9.4-25.7mmm (24-70mm equivalent) f/1.8-2.8
- Autofocus: 315 focal-plane phase-detection AF points
- Video: 4K in-body movie recording with full pixel readout and no binning, Log & Gamma options, slow-mo at up to 1000fps
- Viewfinder: No
- Screen: Vari-angle 3-inch touchscreen
- Hotshoe: Multi-interface (can connect an XLR mic via an adapter)
- Storage: SD/SDHC/SDXC
- Weight: 294g
Sony is including a directional 3-capsule microphone that helps improve audio quality of your videos. The mic conncets via the ZV-1’s hotshoe and the 3.5mm mic jack – no need for an external power source.
The Sony ZV-1 will be available at Sony Centers and official partners for PHP 42,999. A kit is available which bundles the camera, the shooting grip and an sd card for PHP 45,999.